Our department is widely known for having the experience and knowledge necessary to deal with large and complex M&A transactions in different industry sectors, such us: banking and finance, pension funds, fishing, mining, food, retail, cement, telecom, education, health, among others.
We are also known for participating in very complex cross border M&A deals, focusing on regional transactions, including jurisdictions such Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela; in which our law firm has represented important Peruvian conglomerates in its expansion to the referred countries and foreign investors acquiring companies in Peru.
Our firm has more than 12 lawyers dedicated full time to M&A transactions. All partners and senior members of the M&A department hold LL.M. degrees by the most prestigious universities in the United States and Europe (e.g. Stanford University, University of Chicago, University of Virginia, Georgetown University, London School of Economics, NYU, Columbia University, among others) and have work experience in the United States.
Our practice includes the following types of transactions:
- Acquisition of privately-held companies
- Acquisition of listed companies
Mergers and spin-offs
Asset purchases and operation contracts
Minority stock sales and purchases
Acquisition of companies under reorganization
Guarantee contracts (escrows and trust funds)
- Tender Offers
- Indirect Acquisitions
Our M&A practice has obtained the following amend and recognitions:
- Award Latin Lawyer Deal of the Year: Advice to the counsortium formed by Tiendas EFE, Linzor Capital Partners and Grupo Wiese in the acquisition of La Curacao for US$ 150 million.
- Chambers and Partners Band 1 Law firm in Corporate / M&A
- Nomination by Latin Lawyer as Deal of the Year 2015 in the category of M&A for the advice in the acquisition of Fenix Power Perú by Colbún, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority and Sigma.
- Nomination by IFLR as Deal of the Year 2015 in the category of Private Equity for the advice in the selling of a controlling stake in Hermes Transportes Blindados S.A. to The Carlyle Group.
- Nomination by Latin Lawyer as Deal of the Year 2013 in the category of M&A for the advice in the selling of 32.18 per cent stake in Copeinca to China Fishery Group.
- Legal 500 Band 1 Law Firm in Corporate/M&A
- IFLR 1000 Tier 1 Law Firm in M&A .
- Leaders League Leading Law Firm in M&A.
- Who´s Who Legal Leading Law Firm in M&A.
Partners: Alberto Rebaza, Felipe Boisset, Luis Miguel Elías, Alexandra Orbezo, Daniel Gonzales.